Astanga Yoga Anusthana, is the first book by yoga master Sharath Jois
- A valuable learning tool, it covers each of the eight branches of Astanga yoga and gives simple, easy to follow instructions and photo illustrations on how to perform all of the asanas of primary series
- Correct breathing and drishtis are fully addressed
- The correct vinyasas for all the poses
- The book also contains additional yoga therapy poses, a basic pranayama practice, and several important Sanskrit mantras
- In the Astanga Yoga Anusthana, Sharath details the fundamentals of Astanga Yoga that are essential to developing a proper and fulfilling practice
Sharath Jois is the world´s most advanced practitioner of Astanga Yoga and the preeminent authority on its traditional practice.
Born in Mysore, India, Sharath began studying Astanga Yoga at age 7 under the guidance of his grandfather, Sri. K. Pattabhi Jois. He wholly devoted himself to the practice, waking every morning at 3:30 a.m. to study at his grandfather’s Astanga Yoga Research Institute.
Sharath is the only student of his grandfather’s to have mastered the complete six series of Astanga Yoga. Sharath frequently accompanied the older Jois on world tours, demonstrating advanced postures and providing assistance to others. R. Sharath Jois continues this great work in his grandfather´s tradition.
Sharath is the head of the Sharath Yoga Centre (former KPJAYI) in Mysore, where thousands of students from around the world come to learn from him.
Vælg mellem: Paperback, dansk oversættelse, hardcover/indbunden:
Astanga Yoga Anusthana by R. Sharath Jois:
- 91 pages
- Publisher: KPJAYI Mysore; 2nd edition (2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9351263029
- ISBN-13: 978-9351263029